Thursday, January 13, 2011

Self Portrait Challenge!

I am a HUGE fan of this blog... Kellie Dykast - Scraplog! (Designer and Owner of Every Jot & Tittle)

And she posted her new series of self portraits this year in an attempt to reach some of her goals and challenged us to do the same. I had previously written about having courage this year and felt inspired to post self portraits as well.

I have been transforming myself from the inside out, literally. The past few years I have walked through a lot of personal healing especially in the area of health and self image. So this challenge is very timely for me. And I am a bit nervous too. I recently lost over 50 lbs and I am still working towards a greater goal, more on that journey later. So I think it would be fitting to start this series with a before photo.

I have such a hard time thinking I look any different. Even though I know the truth.

Below is me and my girl last May...

And me now...

What do you think? Can you tell the difference? Apparently I do not go in for full body shots. But I am looking for a few to post and I will be brave and take some new ones!

Ok Kellie, I did it!

2 comments:

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

you go girl! you're gorgeous! and congrats on the weight loss!

Kellie said...

Awesome Kristen!! Great pictures and congrats on your weight loss :) I'm so proud of you!!