Thursday, May 6, 2010

Taking a walk...

So the path is unknown, but you have asked so I walk.

I can see a ways ahead and I am sure there is something waiting for me,

but I also know that my sight is limited.

I don't always feel safe but reminded of Your word, I am secure.

Each step is like a leap as I realize that I am moving away from the familiar and towards the unsure.

I believe you are leading me, I could not take another step otherwise,

yet part of me aches to just turn.

I am desperate to hear from you, assurances, to be confirmed.

And my heart feels a warmth and I know You are present.

The path is getting rocky now, I am not prepared? I question.

I glance at my feet disappointed with some of the choices I made getting here.

I feel the wind change now and know it is a storm I have feared.

I look up and hear “keep going” it is the only choice to make.

The pouring rain grows hard as I struggle with balance and start to shake.


The world around is dark and blurry

and I cannot even see my next step...


I am worried.

I step anyways.

I am blind. The storm has taken all visibility, yet You keep nudging


Forward, to what? My heart asks.“It is not for me to know,”

You reply and I am trembling…

BUT WHY? I cry.

The storm does not change…

The path is still under me…

The water drips from my face tears mingled with rain…

I step forward anyways.

And I feel…

Not fear…

Not anger…

Not hate…

Not unsure…

I feel…

Peace.


And You say, Peace be still.

The storm is still raging, I believe it is gaining speed.

But Your words keep me going and new strength has found me.



No comments: