Sunday, January 3, 2010

Waiting for paint to dry.

That is exactly what I am doing. Working on a little DIY project for my bedroom, which I may blog about later! But as the process involves waiting for pieces to dry before the next step, I have a moment to lay down some thoughts.

Today's message at church was very practical and inspiring. Our Missions Pastor Larry was teaching about spiritual gifts, you have them, use them. It was a very good reminder and exhortation. Which got me thinking about Art in life...here goes.

Teaching a practical lesson about gifts.
Painting a piece of furniture to match my bedroom.
Making a beautiful meal for my family.
Rearranging the house to accommodate a party.
A great fitting pair of jeans.
Sitting by the fireplace with a cup of hot water.
Sipping coffee from my favorite mug.
Reading a good book.
Writing a note.
Words.
Taking someones picture.
Cleaning the kitchen floor spotless.
Learning a new worship song.
Laughter.
Tears.
Long conversations about anything and nothing.
Midnight wakings from infants.
Late nights with teenagers.
A three year old's bedtime prayers.
A job well done.
A completed task.
Work.
Finding the right gift for someone.
Being home with the family.
Celebrating the start of a New Year.
Making plans with my husband.
Date night.
Exercise.
Friends.
Going to church.
The body of Christ.
Sundays.
Prayer.

I really could go on. You get the idea.
Art in life, all of it.

It is exciting and also astounding when I attempt to keep track of all the ways that the little things in life inspire me.

Hope you have a great day, sharing some art in your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.