Friday, January 8, 2010

the Art of healing...

Hi.

There is so much I could say about this, I will have to do this in segments. As I am sharing about art in life I have pondered the areas, aside from the performing arts that have had profound effect on me.

Healing is definitely art in life.

Just the word itself rings through my heart and soul with perfect harmonious sound. I have read about, prayed about, talked about, asked for, sought after, cried, prayed over, and received healing so much over the past several years that the very word warms my entire being, it is a part of me.

Most importantly because to me healing is personified in the person of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. His word says, He is Healer and His work has proven that to me time and again.

To get to know Him, to draw close to Jesus, to wrap ones self and life around Him is to most undoubtedly surrender life and soul to the fine work of healing that is part of His very existence and presence in our life. From the moment we receive Him the work has begun in the most eternal sense of transcending from death to life. And for much of my Christian life that is all the healing I could really engage in, as I had no real understanding there was so much more.

At four years of age, for whatever reason I was made very aware of my need for Jesus. But it was not until about the age of 24 that I would begin to realize my even greater need for Him to save me from myself.

Lionel was recently asked "why is it that Kristen continued to pursue healing in her life, as most people run from it?" This man was very serious. Lionel answered what I believe to one of the most insightful things he has ever said about me, he said "I believe because each time God would reveal something to her about herself, He would also give her the slightest greater glimpse of Him, that is what kept her pressing for more."

Incredible. I don't even know if I could have said that myself until Lionel spoke the words, I had not even thought it, but it is exactly true, each time God would uncover a layer in me that he was doing a work in, He showed me more and more about Himself, and it was the actual pursuit of more of Him, not the pursuit of self, that led me to be healed in such powerful ways.

The beauty in all of this is that He is the artist that takes the black, dark, ugly brush strokes of our soul and brings new life, color, texture, and shape to make us whole.

I am so excited to share with you the journey this has been, of course that will possibly take several blogs, even a lifetime, all of which I am happy to share in hopes that the healing He has done in me will perpetuate healing in others.

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound" Isaiah 61:1

I was captive, and brokenhearted, I have been liberated and made whole.

Thank you Jesus!